From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Cliff Whitfield
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:20 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: sprinkler design programs

Great program. Been on it for over 10 years.

The listing works better than any other. If you think you need convert to hydra
list for your fab shop, you just have to know how to do it correctly.
Certainly not garbage but if you don't know the correct way it's like 'pushing
a button' to run calcs, not the best thing to do.
Cliff Whitfield, SET
President
Fire Design, Inc.
828-284-4772

cl...@fire-design.com<mailto:cl...@fire-design.com>
www.fire-design.com<http://www.fire-design.com>

On Sep 20, 2016, at 10:57 AM, John Irwin
<jir...@criticalsystemsolutions.com<mailto:jir...@criticalsystemsolutions.com>>
wrote:
We’re about 90 days in to the process of changing over. It’s been tedious to
say the least. I like the program but it’s very different from anything that’s
AutoCAD based. Also make sure your fabricator is either set up to price from
AutoSPRINK or they are willing to price from a PDF stocklist. AutoSPRINK’ s HLF
conversion is garbage.

Also plan on investing in the training courses.

I don’t think we will go back to HydraCAD but there have been numerous times
during changing over that I have considered pulling the plug. Having said that,
I did talk to many, many users before we purchased and the general consensus
was that the end justified the means.

John Irwin
Manager – Fire Sprinkler Division
Critical System Solutions, LLC