I have been using SprinkCAD since 2000, and I have seen the metamorphosis from
the early SprinkCAD Pro II days to the current version.  Last year, I finally
convinced the owner of the company I work for to replace AutoCAD and HydraCAD
with BricsCAD and the compatible version of SprinkCAD for all 6 of our
designers.  There have been a few minor issues; however, we’ve been able to
work very productively.  Total price for BricsCAD was less than $700, and the
SprinkCAD software is less expensive (approximately half the cost) after the
initial seat.

You can run multiple hydraulic calculations simultaneously instead of having to
open each calculation separately, as with HydraCAD (using their HydraCalc
program).

Stocklisting a moderately sized steel job, when conscientiously drawn to the
selected strategy usually takes less than an hour, and that’s if I get errors,
which the program is excellent about pointing out without having to “guess” too
much to figure out.

We do primarily multi-family/multi-use projects of Type V construction, so we
aren’t doing any 3D coordination (which would be a joke in residential on any
level).  That being said, there is a 3D function in SprinkCAD.

I have worked some with AutoSprink, and it has a lot of really neat features,
but to me, it’s just not worth the investment or dealing with the learning
curve for the type of work we do.

[CFP LOGO2]
Curtis Tower | Project Design Manager
10550 Olympic Drive, Dallas, TX 75220
Office: (214)496-9797 | Cell: (682) 667-0323 | Fax: (214)496-9201
cur...@centralfireprotection.net<mailto:an...@centralfireprotection.net> |
http://www.centralfireprotection.net/
Central Fire Protection | Since 1982 | Dedicated People | Powerful
Protection<http://www.centralfireprotection.net/>