From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of John Paulsen
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:23 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Estimating - Project Management

John:

There is no good or bad answer to this question. It's more a question of
circumstance and what works for your company.
                Would this be a competitive bid project or private negotiated?
                                If Competitive bid, is project management a
spec requirement?

For me, there was always a "factor" determined by the type of project,
ie...hospital, retail store, warehouse and so on. I even have a factor for the
individual GC.
Of course that factor came from hard earned experience. I'm not sure if that
was your question or not... but I hope it spurs some discussion.

John Paulsen - SET
Crown Fire System Design
6282 Seeds Rd.
Grove City, OH 43123