I don't think what the value of the rule is, or how it's determined or any
other thing than what's required is germane to the discussion. If the AHJ
wants squealing raccoons glued to the ceiling and FM wants quiet ones you
have the problem of serving two masters. When they've both already decided
what type of raccoon they demand logic entreaties to them will get a nod of
acceptance from the one you agree with and  an harrumph from the other. you
just need one to back off this time. That's it. After that you can go
present your arguments to the International Raccoon Society and/or Raccoon
Underwriters and try to get them to agree to a common requirement under all
circumstances.

I heard that FM changed their co-effcients for hydrant test to coincide
with NFPA's. How did that get fixed and why not the other way. It would be
easiest to just use FM as it met the needs of both masters but what if
doing so was the difference between a pump or not. You'd be best serving
your other master, the owner, by getting a waiver from FM.

--
Ron Greenman

4110 Olson Dr., NW
Gig Harbor, WA 98335

rongreen...@gmail.com

253.576.9700

The Universe is monstrously indifferent to the presence of man. -Werner
Herzog, screenwriter, film director, author, actor and opera
director (1942-)