Open the system drain which is hopefully at the far end of the system while you
fill to get air out

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Oct 12, 2016 8:38 AM, "Steele, Andrew" <andrew.ste...@daytonohio.gov> wrote:
Check valve failure, so that the sprinkler leg is no longer isolated?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Barry Levine
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:01 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Seeking false water flow alarm suggestions

I drained all the water from my pipes when I installed a new water
filter/softener system in my home. After installing the new system, which
replaced some 3/4" pipe with 1" pipe in my home water system, I have been
getting false alarms from my Potter Electric Signal Co VS-SP flow sensor. I
flushed my sprinkler system using the drain and the test valve, yet I believe
some air pockets may still remain in my two areas of coffered ceilings, where
the sprinklers sit 1 foot above the rest of the system. Potter recommends
replacing the VS-SP with a VSR-ST. I'd prefer not spending the money to replace
the sensor, but I'd like to hear from the professionals before I make that
decision. I'm thinking there may be other solutions, especially since I never
had any false alarms during the previous 20+ years. Possibly I could attach
saddle valves between each of the two sprinklers in the two coffered ceilings
and bleed the air out. Unfortunately, I've never had any long-term luck with
saddl
 e valves, as they have all become inoperative over time. I've attached a photo
of my water system in case that might be helpful. Feel free to ask any
questions or offer any solutions. Thank you.