Barry,

Your check valve may not be holding the pressure in completely. It's almost
impossible to remove ALL the air. So now when your pump turns on, water will
flow into the system because of the air pockets and activate the VS-SP.

We do not allow or recommend that the flowswitch be disassembled in the field.
There is a specific assembly method including torque on the assembly screws to
maintain product integrity.

Yes the VSR-ST will be your least expensive option. It was designed with a
union style coupling just for limited space applications like this.

Kind Regards,

mike

Mike Henke CET
Sprinkler Product Manager

Potter Electric Signal Company, LLC
1609 Park 370 Place, St. Louis, MO 63042
phone: 800-325-3936   |   direct: 314-595-6740

mi...@pottersignal.com   |   www.pottersignal.com