AHJ won’t budge? It’s obvious to me there was no input obtained from the engine
company.

Carry extra stuff? Nah, already there on the engine as a preconnected hand line
as 1.75 in. hose with 1.5 couplings.

AHJ should’ve asked the engine company, would you rather connect two 2.5 hose
lines to a siamese (stupid and harder to accomplish) or pull the preconnect
hand line, remove the nozzle and connect (easy)?

Bless that AHJs heart.

Tom