Bloody funny that it is unintentionally limited to Light Hazard since the
concerns that triggered this excessively conservative requirement is no
different for an OH. I believe it catches 99.9% of the occurrences (except when
ignored that is)

The real question is why are you calling it an OH just because there is
mechanical equipment up there.  With there being no floor or ready access, why
call it a mechanical room (which has the conservative requirement of an OH
classification not due to the equipment but the potential for all that other
stuff to be stored within it).

Roland Huggins, PE - VP Engineering
American Fire Sprinkler Assn.       ---      Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives
Dallas, TX
http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>