Thanks Travis!

From: Sprinklerforum []
On Behalf Of Travis Mack, SET
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: NFPA-13R 2010 Edition, 6.6.3

6.6.3 Except where specified in 6.6.4, sprinklers shall not be
required in clothes closets, linen closets, and pantries within
dwelling units that meet all of the following conditions:
(1) The area of the space does not exceed 24 ft2 (2.2 m2).
(2) The least dimension does not exceed 3 ft (0.91 m).
(3) The walls and ceilings are surfaced with noncombustible
or limited-combustible materials as defined by NFPA 220.

If the LEAST dimension does not exceed 3' you are good.  A closet that is
11' x 2' does not need a sprinkler.  A closet that is 4'x4' does.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85298