I believe they ARE cartooned, but I will confirm that in the AM. And the 18”
clear number is the one I was looking for the most, thanks for directing me
out of Ch 17! Both my 2013 and 2016 editions have 17.2.1.4 (4):

“Maximum 15’ Storage in a maximum 25 ft  high building  with ceiling
sprinklers designed for a minimum .45 gpm/ft2 density over 2,000 sq ft  and
one level of in rack

Sprinklers required at alternate transverse flues as shown in figure
17.2.1.4 (d).”

I think I miss NFPA-231C too much…

Thanks,

John Paulsen – SET