Pulling a Brad and replying to my own post ☺.

I also found the following in NFPA 13, 2010 edition…

NFPA 13, 2010 edition

A.8.16.1.1.1 …  All valves controlling water supplies for sprinkler systems or
portions thereof, including floor control valves, should be accessible to
authorized persons during emergencies. Permanent ladders, clamped treads on
risers, chain-operated hand wheels, or other accepted means should be provided
where necessary.

8.16 Piping Installation.
8.16.1 Valves.
8.16.1.1* Control Valves.
8.16.1.1.1* General.
8.16.1.1.1.1 Each sprinkler system shall be provided with a listed indicating
valve in an accessible location, so located as to control all automatic sources
of water supply.
8.16.1.1.7* Control Valve Accessibility. All control valves shall be located
where readily accessible and free of obstructions.

Reed A. Roisum, SET | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Senior Fire Protection
Designer | Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9903 | mobile: 701.388.1352 |
KFIengineers.com<http://www.kfiengineers.com>