From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Dewayne Martinez
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:35 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: dmarti...@total-mechanical.com
Subject: Fire pump removal

I have a project in which there will be long term removal (3-6months)of the
existing fire pump for building improvements.  We need to keep the systems in
service and this building is considered a high rise (110ft).  What are some of
my options?  I thought possibly just using the incoming city water supply and
asking the fire department for permission but based upon the available static
of 42psi we would have a negative pressure for the top floor.  We could rent a
portable fire pump but would still need to get water to and from the outside
unit and it gets cold up here in Wisconsin.
Thanks,
Dewayne