From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of James Crawford
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 3:23 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Dip tanks

I have been looking through NFPA #34 (2007) to find out if there is a
minimum or maximum size for a dip tank and the requirements for them

We have a client with a small dip tank for cleaning parts prior to powder
coating, the tank holds less than 2 gallons of flammable liquid and has a
surface area of less than 2 ft². The tank is metal and has a lid when not in
use. The tank is in a ventilated area, inside a paint booth.

This is a small operation and the bake oven is also in the paint booth, the
concern I see is the electrical associated with the bake ovens and the
proximity to the dip tank.

All the dipping is manual. The sequence is dipping, drying, power coating
then baking, like I said small operation

Is there anything I am missing.

Thank you

James Crawford

Phaser Fire Protection Ltd.