Hello all!

I feel like I should know the answer to this and at one time I probably did,
but I was just asked if there was a requirement to provide hydraulic
calculations if adding over a certain number of sprinklers to a system. My
off the cuff answer was no, that unless you were adding sprinklers in the
remote area, as long as you use the existing hydraulic pipe sizing, there
was no requirement to do additional calculations.

But, as happens to me the older I get, the more I thought about it, the less
confident I was in my answer. I've looked through NFPA-13 and found no
requirement, so now I prevail myself upon the forum-ites to steer me in the
right direction.

Are additional calculations required?

John Paulsen - SET

Crown Fire System Design