2016 ed.
A.7.2 It is only the intent of NFPA 13R to reference the sprinkler
discharge (flow and pressure), number of design sprinklers,
and position of sprinklers (distance from walls, ceilings,
and other sprinklers) requirements of NFPA 13. Other rules
from NFPA 13 such as sprinklering of combustible concealed
spaces, hose stream demand, and water supply duration are
not intended to be referenced by Section 7.2. It is also the
intent of Section 7.2 to apply to those systems or portions of
systems that are outside the dwelling unit but have been determined
to be considered residential, accessory, or incidental to
residential and within the scope of this standard.

Tom Wellen - AFSA