Do a calc to see if it becomes the more demanding valve?

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Rocci Cetani 3
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:24 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] standpipes

I have a situation where my 6" standpipe is coming into stairwell @  16' AFF
can I drop down 11' (to get to my max 5 AFF)  with 2.5" to feed the hose valve
on the 1st floor or does it need to drop down  6" with a 2.5" outlet?

Thanks in advance Mr. Leyton for your assistance :)

Rocci Cetani III, CET
Senior Designer
Water-Based Fire Protections Systems Layout, Nicet Level III

Northern California Fire Protection Services Inc.
16840 Joleen Way Bldg. A
Morgan Hill, CA 93037
P-(408) 776-1580 EXT.111
F-(408) 776-1590

roc...@norcalfire.com<mailto:roc...@norcalfire.com>
www.norcalfire.com<http://www.norcalfire.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any document accompanying it may
contain confidential information
belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or taking of
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone to arrange for return of the documents.