Quoting bcasterl...@fsc-inc.com:
  Make that 46% increase.
If we started with 2500 and reduced to 2000 for using 286F (SR) because of the reasoning, "fewer heads would go off", we would have to go the other direction for QR. 2500x1.3=3250. I did a quick activation comparison with 286F SR vs 200F QR. I used a 5100 kW t^2 ULTRA FAST design fire. In the same time 24 SR activated, 35 QR activated.

Brad

If I used QR in EH I would inrease the operating area 30% of my own accord for the same reason we do that for dry- - -
"More heads would go off".

Brad
-
Quoting "Kyle.Montgomery" <kmontgom...@aerofire.com>:

NFPA 13 section 11.2.3.2.2.2 states that QR sprinklers shall not be permitted for use in extra hazard occupancies.

Section 12.6.6 states that the use of QR sprinklers shall be permitted when listed for such use.

So, if I have a storage occupancy where the appropriate design criteria table directs me to use an Extra Hazard design curve, can I use QR sprinklers (assuming they are listed for storage use)?

I believe the answer would be “yes”, but looking for some feedback.

Thanks.

-Kyle M