If leaving it at the hot box (backflow?) means that you’d be pumping into the
pump, then yes you’d have to move it.

SL

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Kenneth Berman
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 5:04 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: FDC & Pump

If I have an existing FDC at the hot box and add a pump later, then the FDC
must be moved to the pumphouse?

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 6:29 AM, Dewayne Martinez
<dmarti...@total-mechanical.com<mailto:dmarti...@total-mechanical.com>> wrote:
Tom,
Are you saying that if I put a control valve for the standpipe feed at the
riser manifold and the FDC is connected to the riser manifold that I must also
connect the FDC downstream of the standpipe feed control valve?  Is that in 14?
 I have had a couple of AHJ’s make me put a control valve in over the years and
I didn’t know it was wrong.  I thought it was just like the individual system
control valves on the manifold.
Thank you,
Dewayne Martinez
Fire Protection Design Manager

TOTAL Mechanical
Building Integrity

W234 N2830 Paul Rd.
Pewaukee, WI  53072
dmarti...@total-mechanical.com<mailto:dmarti...@total-mechanical.com>
Ph:  262-522-7110<tel:(262)%20522-7110>
Cell: 414-406-5208<tel:(414)%20406-5208>
http://www.total-mechanical.com/
[Consecutive Honors 2012-2017]