From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Dewayne Martinez
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 4:29 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: FDC & Pump

Tom,
Are you saying that if I put a control valve for the standpipe feed at the
riser manifold and the FDC is connected to the riser manifold that I must also
connect the FDC downstream of the standpipe feed control valve?  Is that in 14?
 I have had a couple of AHJ’s make me put a control valve in over the years and
I didn’t know it was wrong.  I thought it was just like the individual system
control valves on the manifold.
Thank you,
Dewayne Martinez
Fire Protection Design Manager