James

Assuming the stairwell landings are designed large enough from the start, I’d
put this as preferred location.

-I’ve never seen anyone cut, weld, or use a mechanical hanger to attach some
third system to a standpipe in a stairwell.

-The entire system is easily seen for inspection.

-Not much happens in the stairwells. No one leans a ladder against them
accessing a HVAC filter, or bumps them with a scissor lift during a T/I.

-No one messes with any seismic supports because they’re in the way.

Two downsides.

- Various low volt cable sometimes is run parallel to pipe. Pipe and landing
sleeves make a alluring pathway to some poor guy trying to pull fiber optic to
the seventh floor.

-I’m not sure how convenient it would be to replace a section if that was ever
necessary. But that might be true in other installation as well.

Best.

Bruce Verhei