From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of John Irwin
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 1:23 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Abuse of 13D?

More information :
Code analysis says the residential area are R-2 and the Parking level is S-2.
The Florida Building Code seems to indicate S-2 as a public parking garage and
when enclosed (which this is) requires protection. Additionally S occupencies
located below any other type of occupied space seem to require sprinkler
protection.
I do believe that the Florida Building Code does allow for the living floors to
be protected per NFPA 13D though.
So if this is the case, the sprinkler system in the garage would over ride some
13D omissions like monitoring and an FDC.
Agreed?
John Irwin
DynaFire Inc.
Tampa Fire Sprinkler Division
727-282-9243
This email was sent from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity, typographical
errors, and grammatical gaffes.
On Feb 9, 2018, at 3:13 PM, Parsley Consulting