Just to follow up with this - after reviewing with the code inspector, it was
the plumbing code requirement they were thinking of - not applicable to
sprinklers. (I know you all have been on pins and needles!)

Matt

From: Matt Grise
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 1:33 PM
To: 'sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org'
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: threaded union fitting

I recently had an inspector say that all threaded union fittings must be
accessible (access panel provided for union behind sheet rock). I have hear
that this is a requirement for domestic water piping, but I have never heard
about this for fire sprinklers. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

Matt