I was asked to do a review of a building that collects waste from commercial
grease traps. They take this waste back to their warehouse and put it in
large tanks (120,000 liters) to allow separation. 75% water, 20% vegetable
oils and animal fats, 5% solids.

Once separated the waste materials are then disposed of separately.

I am trying to classify the mixture that is stored in the tanks, but can
find no direction in NFPA #13, but due to the concentration of water to oils
I am leaning toward a non-combustible liquid. But that being said I can find
no direction on tank storage for a non-combustible liquid.

Any help out there

Thank you

James Crawford

Phaser Fire Protection Ltd.