From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Jay Stough
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:18 AM
To: Sprinkler Forum
Subject: Press-Fit

We have a customer that has Press fit and has developed some leaks.  We checked
with Victaulic and they do not rent the tool anymore, you have to buy it at
$9,000.  Since we've only run into this in one or two other customers, I do not
want to have this tool around at that price.  They also do not have anymore 1"
fittings.  Can I groove the schedule 5 pipe instead of using Press-Fit.  Do you
have any other suggestions?  This is a 5 story apartment building.  Thanks in
advance for any help.
Jay Stough
NICET IV LAYOUT
NICET III ITM