Small containers taken out and used.  Not sure on the exact processes that go
on.  I have all classes of flammable and combustible liquids present but the
highest volumes are Class IB Flammable Liquids.  There are a variety of
container sizes but all containers are less than 119 gallon individual capacity
so Chapter 9 of NFPA 30, 2012 edition applies (Storage of Liquids in
Containers).

Chapter 16 of NFPA 30 gives specific design criteria depending on the liquid
class, container type, and storage configuration.  What I am looking for is
something that says since we are stored in cabinets, none of this applies and
protect to ??.

I did review Chapter 18 of NFPA 30, Dispensing, Handling, Transfer, and Use of
Liquids, but I couldn't find specific fire sprinkler design criteria for the
use of these liquids.  It does give maximum quantities of liquids permitted for
incidental operations in a fire area, but doesn't say if you are using a
certain amount of a certain class that you should protect to Ordinary or Extra
Hazard.

Do you know where I can find design criteria for the use of flammable and
combustible liquids?  If we have all storage in cabinets and small quantities
are taken out and used in the lab facility is there something in NFPA 30 that
says protect these areas to OH2?  It seems reasonable to me but I need to
justify it with something solid and written in the standard.

Thanks.

Reed

Reed A. Roisum, SET | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Senior Fire Protection
Designer | Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9903 | mobile: 701.388.1352 |
http://www.kfiengineers.com