Dont think NEW but old and decrepit (like me - lol).  AM I the only one that 
has seen pieces of concrete captured when flushing systems or doing water flow 
tests?


Roland Huggins, PE - Senior VP Engineering
American Fire Sprinkler Assn.    
Dallas, TX
http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>

Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives




> On Feb 19, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Prahl, Craig/GVL <craig.pr...@ch2m.com> wrote:
> 
> Why would there be chunks of cement?
> 
> 
> Craig L. Prahl 
> Fire Protection Group Lead/SME
> Direct - 864.920.7540
> Fax - 864.920.7129
> Direct Extension  77540
> CH2M is now Jacobs.
> 200 Verdae Blvd.
> Greenville, SC  29607
> craig.pr...@ch2m.com <mailto:craig.pr...@ch2m.com>
> http://www.jacobs.com <http://www.jacobs.com/>
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org 
> <mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org>] On Behalf Of Roland 
> Huggins
> Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 1:54 PM
> To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org 
> <mailto:sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
> Subject: Re: Underground Dry System Pipe Type [EXTERNAL]
> 
> Dont you worry about the inevitable chunks of cement becoming a problem. 
> 
> Roland
> 
> 
> Roland Huggins, PE - Senior VP Engineering
> American Fire Sprinkler Assn.    
> Dallas, TX
> http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/> 
> <http://www.firesprinkler.org/ <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>>
> 
> Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives
> 
> 
> 
> 
>> On Feb 19, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Prahl, Craig/GVL <craig.pr...@ch2m.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Cement lined ductile iron.  If you use standard DI, and a standard 
>> atmospheric sourced air compressor you can have rust and scaling buildup 
>> with ambient air inside pipe in contact with cooler ground temps.
>> 
>> How are you going to slope underground pipe back to an aboveground valve 
>> room?  Basement level valve room?
>> 
>> 
>> Craig L. Prahl
>> Fire Protection Group Lead/SME
>> Direct - 864.920.7540
>> Fax - 864.920.7129
>> Direct Extension  77540
>> CH2M is now Jacobs.
>> 200 Verdae Blvd.
>> Greenville, SC  29607
>> craig.pr...@ch2m.com
>> http://www.jacobs.com
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Sprinklerforum 
>> [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of 
>> Reed A. Roisum, SET
>> Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 12:11 PM
>> To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
>> Subject: Underground Dry System Pipe Type [EXTERNAL]
>> 
>> I asked a similar question a number of years ago and it appears as though 
>> the consensus at that time was that dry-pipe system underground pipe should 
>> be ductile iron.  We have an application where the dry-pipe system leaves 
>> the valve room and goes underground and then extends above ground.  Is 
>> ductile iron the best option for the underground portion? We are able to 
>> slope to drain back to the valve room.
>> 
>> Thank you.
>> 
>> Reed Roisum
>> 
>> 
>> Reed A. Roisum, SET | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Senior Fire 
>> Protection Designer | Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9903 | mobile: 
>> 701.388.1352 | KFIengineers.com<http://www.kfiengineers.com>
>> 
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
>> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com 
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
>> scrubbed...
>> URL: 
>> <http://lists.firesprinkler.org/private.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
>> er.org/attachments/20180219/ab1fd556/attachment.html>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum mailing list
>> Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
>> er.org _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum mailing list
>> Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
>> er.org
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: 
> <http://lists.firesprinkler.org/private.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org/attachments/20180219/a31ea507/attachment.html
>  
> <http://lists.firesprinkler.org/private.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org/attachments/20180219/a31ea507/attachment.html>>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org 
> <mailto:Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org 
> <http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org 
> <mailto:Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org 
> <http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://lists.firesprinkler.org/private.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org/attachments/20180219/440e8c4b/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to