Lets not lose sight that the question was about extending above ground system
piping below ground for a dry pipe system and CLDI was suggested.  That nixes
the miles of pipe that is HDPE or PVC having any bearing.  I’ve seen
delamination in wet pipe but even if it’s a small percentage,  the potential is
greater in a dry-pipe water flow event so it merits consideration.  The bottom
line is that such installations occur but there’s no real guidance.

Roland Huggins, PE - Senior VP Engineering
American Fire Sprinkler Assn.
Dallas, TX
http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/>

Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives