Steve

You are required to calculate flows by an ‘approved method’.

If you haven’t previously put out for public comment and signed a scheme for
this I’d see what is already in use.

You might consider FMGlobal Data Sheet 7-10, 2-2.5.

Before I went very far with this I’d compare pile sizes, fire access lanes and
widths to the sizes the IFC uses. Are the comparable?

And I’d ask how much water do you reserve for exposures.

Are they involving an insurance firm that has an engineering review section.
They’re often quite helpful.

Locations of hydrants. Fire suppression activities are not helped if during the
fight you need to relocate engines as the plastic light bars are melting, the
paint is darkening, and the glass is crazing.

And equipment is heavy. You might confirm that the CE is considering this in
pipe type, depth, and bedding.

And are you in freezing country?
The water just sits there. Enumclaw WA is not especially cold country. But a
root cause of failure to extinguish a fire in a Weyerhaeuser mill was a frozen
main. It was a little more complicated than that, but in the end an ice plug
occurred. Total loss of course.

Best.

Bruce Verhei