The report said the fire started outside on a patio.  Was there no dry
sprinkler on the patio? Apparently not.

If the fire started outside and involved exterior siding, spreading along the
outside of the building, the growth and intensity at some point would breach
the building envelope and even if the sprinklers were operational, a 13R system
would have probably been overwhelmed.

When were the sprinkler systems last inspected and what was the actual
municipal water supply capable of providing at the time of the fire versus when
the system designed?

And no mention of whether or not there were smoke detectors?

So sad.

Craig L. Prahl
Fire Protection Group Lead/SME
Direct - 864.920.7540