From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Born
Sent: March-13-18 11:43 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Fwd: NFPA Technical Question Response [
ref:_00D5077Vx._5005013DQXS:ref ]

Here is the response I received from NFPA concerning my “area of coverage”
question last week. Subsequent conversation confirmed other replies on the
forum to this question that if the sprinkler can’t spray past the obstruction
you only have to measure to the obstruction.

Sent from my iPad

Christopher H. Born, P.E.
Director, Fire Protection Engineering|Principal Clark Nexsen
4525 Main Street, Suite 1400
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757) 455-5800
(757) 961-7933 (direct)