Sorry. This is F-2 <12% alcohol. So no separation issue. But still a vertical
opening issue.

________________________________
From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> on behalf
of Prahl, Craig/GVL <craig.pr...@ch2m.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:56:54 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Vertical Opening [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL] [EXTERNAL]

I’m sure the AHJ would balk at considering a restaurant as an F-1.

So it sounds like there are several issues.  First the architect needs to
revisit and verify the separation requirements between an F-1 and an A
occupancy.  If the findings indicate that a 1-hour separation is required,
don’t forget that is not just walls but floor/ceiling as well.

Is there the possibility of providing glazing around the perimeter of the
opening floor to roof deck above and then providing the type WS sprinklers by
Tyco which are listed as providing the equivalence of a two-hour separation?
Craig Prahl | JACOBS | Fire Protection | Greenville SC | 864.676.5252 |
craig.pr...@ch2m.com<mailto:craig.pr...@ch2m.com>  |
www.jacobs.com<http://www.jacobs.com/>