From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of bcasterl...@fsc-inc.com
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 10:15 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] NFPA 13 prior to 1969 edition

Does anyone have access to 13 where the water curtain detail still required open sprinklers (deluge)?
I'm curious if the draft stop is required.
Besides smoke protecting the opening it occurred to me the other day the draft stop would help form a 'wall of water' by blocking ~9 gpm, making it drop straight down, and thereby providing a density of greater than 1 gpm/sf around the perimiter.

Thanks,
Brad