If there is a code about it it might adress the case where a room fire busts the windows out, looking for fresh air, starts raging up the side and is on say the 11th floor of a building with combustible eaves at the 12th floor level.
Nothing wrong with an ahj whom would rather be safe than sorry!
Over the last few days I have been singing the praises of 'exposure' protection to myself.

Brad.

Quoting Jerry Van Kolken <jvankol...@mfpc.us>:

Is there code addressing the height of exterior eave and providing
protection underneath. I have a couple of buildings where the FM is
requiring protection in the exterior eaves. Some of these eaves are over the
ground  level at the 5th floor level. I also had another project where the
question was asked about an projection on a 12th roof level.

Jerry Van Kolken

Millennium Fire Protection Corp.

2950 San Luis Rey Rd.

Oceanside, CA 92058