From:   "Prahl, Craig/GVL" <craig.pr...@ch2m.com>
To:     "sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org"
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Date:   05/16/2018 12:02 PM
Subject:        RE: Building Utility Tunnels
Sent by:        "Sprinklerforum"
<sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org>

BE ADVISED - This email originated outside EMCOR.

What is the tunnel for?  When you say utility, what kinds of systems
conveying materials are being run through the tunnels?

Either way, a utility tunnel typically won’t meet the whole definition of
8.15.1.2.2. Since it is accessible, it is really no different than a
utility room or other similar use area.

If the rest of the building requires sprinklers, the tunnels would as
well.

Craig Prahl | Jacobs | Group Lead – Fire Protection | 864.676.5252 |
craig.pr...@jacobs.com | www.jacobs.com