*From:* Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> *On
Behalf Of *John Drucker
*Sent:* Friday, September 28, 2018 6:23 AM
*To:* sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org;
sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
*Subject:* Re: FPE / SFPE

It’s a joke, most AHJs know that the NICET techs are doing the heavy lift
and the PE swoops in at the 11th hour affixes the signature and seal and
collects their $ 500. Lets just stop this charade and recognize the NICET
techs. The principal engineer/architect of record simply review for
conformance, ie how the sprinkler system plays nicely with the building,
correct code references, issues the review letter avoiding the paid by the
page deal that’s going on.

John Drucker