Are you allowed to use intermediate sprinklers everywhere? In 13 Section
8.3.2.1 seems to interchange the use of intermediate and ordinary, but table
6.2.5.1 indicates that if the maximum ceiling temperature does not exceed 100°
Ordinary sprinklers are to be used.

I know this is a gray area we take advantage of to ensure our fitters don’t
have to look at what they’re installing, but is it technically in compliance
with code?

B.J. Newlin

Service Sales

Aegis Fire Protection LLC.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price
is forgotten. “--Benjamin Franklin