Sorry I meant E84 not 82.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:06 AM Ben Young <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Does anyone know the commodity classification for Tracpipe counterstrike
> gas line?
> Its SS flex with a polyethylene jacket that includes a flame retardant.
> It comes on wooden spools.
>
> Apparently this place is the only one that stores this stuff.
>
> Is there someplace where UL or FM or anyone else keeps a database of
> commodity classifications that are accessible for our use?
>
> I try calling the manufacturer and the only thing they can tell me is that
> it meets the E82 requirements and its class 55 for transportation. I'm at
> the point where I think I'm just going to call back the manufacturer and
> ask to speak to the maintenance man and get the hydraulic placard info off
> their own risers.
>
>
> So yeah, the Poly jacketing definitely leads me to believe its a group A
> plastic as worst-case scenario, but I can only squeeze class IV out of my
> sprinkler system, and that took some work.
> I guess I can try to determine the weight and volume percentages of the
> poly vs the rest of it, but its not like I can do that easily on the back
> of a napkin.
>
> Alright, rant over. But if anyone does know of a place to easily get
> commodity classifications I would appreciate being clued in. And thanks in
> advance for listening and/or helping me out.
>
> Benjamin Young
>
-- 

Benjamin Young
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to