NFPA does not specify a maximum allowable velocity.  If you calculate the 
system and it works, you’re fine.

Now that is not saying that most designers will try to keep systems below a 
certain velocity.  I usually try to stay below 10.6 m/s for limited sections 
but I’m also balancing that with friction loss to optimize the design.



Craig Prahl | Jacobs | Group Lead – Fire Protection | 864.676.5252 | 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> | 
www.jacobs.com<http://www.jacobs.com/>

From: Sprinklerforum <[email protected]> On Behalf 
Of Rachid Saadaoui
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Speed for deluge systems

Hello
I tried to make the calculations of a system deleuge for a
  sulfur shed.
In one section of the fire network piping supplying my deluge systems, the 
speed is 9.2 m / s.
I want to know the speed limit according to NFPA, either in my deluge system 
and in the fire network that feeds the system.



PROTEC INCENDIE
Rachid SAADAOUI
Ingénieur Chargé d'Affaire
GSM : +2126 75 36 01 89
TEL : +212522403232


________________________________

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information 
that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or 
distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is 
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify 
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to