From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Mike B Morey
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 8:25 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: When to Measuring Along the Slope

In this particular case though, one head measuring to walls, wouldn't the
wording of 8.5.3.2 (2016 edition) preclude the need to measure on the slope?
Perpendicular to the wall to me is along the floor.  The section before
relating to distance between sprinklers does call out along the slope very
clearly, but the distance to walls section does not.

Mike Morey
CFPS 3229 • NICET S.E.T. 123677
Project Manager • Fire Protection Group
Shambaugh & Son, LP an EMCOR Company
7614 Opportunity Drive • Fort Wayne, IN • 46825
direct 260.487.7824 /  cell 260.417.0625 /  fax 260.487.7991
email mmo...@shambaugh.com<mailto:mmo...@shambaugh.com>

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4D26F.6FB47FD0]