I might be a couple years out of date. I think the ones we saw were off
domestic water, with a small backflow device. You can’t run a restaurant
without water, so there is no concern about water system not being monitored.

Best.

> On Aug 14, 2019, at 15:19, Travis Mack, SET, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G via
> Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org> wrote:
>
> I’m sure some of you have dealt with these Captive Aire / Piranha systems.
> Basically they are hood systems that connect to the sprinkler system.  The
> one I have a data sheet for has an operating pressure of 32-70 psi and flows
> vary depending on # of nozzles.  How do those of you dealing with these
> handle them?  The supplier will not do any calculations for the system.  My
> question is, do we treat these like a “rack” system and balance the hood
> systems to the overhead?  If I have a kitchen with 3 of these, do I figure 0,
> 1, 2 or 3 flowing simultaneously with the overhead.  As you can imagine, a
> standard sprinkler in the kitchen is ±10 psi.  Now, if we have to treat this
> like a rack system and balance at the junction point, this 30 psi for the
> Piranha system will significantly over-discharge the sprinklers leading to a
> much larger kitchen demand.  These often seem to be brought up toward the end
> of the project leaving everyone scrambling.
>
> What has the collective group been doing with these things?
>
> <image002.jpg>
> Travis Mack, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G, SET
> MFP Design, LLC
> 3356 E Vallejo Ct
> Gilbert, AZ 85298
> 480-505-9271
> fax: 866-430-6107
> tm...@mfpdesign.com
> www.mfpdesign.com
>
> Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/travismack
>
> “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price
> is forgotten.”

  • Captive Aire Syste... Travis Mack, SET, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G via Sprinklerforum
    • RE: [EXTERNAL... Kyle.Montgomery via Sprinklerforum
      • RE: [EXTE... Travis Mack, SET, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G via Sprinklerforum
    • Re: Captive A... Bruce Verhei via Sprinklerforum
      • RE: Capti... Travis Mack, SET, CFPS, CWBSP, RME-G via Sprinklerforum
        • Re: C... Matthew J Willis via Sprinklerforum
        • RE: C... Jonathan Mote via Sprinklerforum
          • R... Matthew J Willis via Sprinklerforum
            • ... Ron Greenman via Sprinklerforum
              • ... David Williams via Sprinklerforum
                • ... Matthew J Willis via Sprinklerforum
              • ... Travis Mack via Sprinklerforum