From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of James Crawford via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:04 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: James Crawford <jcrawf...@phaserfire.ca>
Subject: Insulation on Valve Risers

I have seen it done but cannot seem to find the code reference in the Factory
Mutual Data Sheets.

We have a refrigerated storage building protected with a double interlock
pre-action system. The valves are located in a heated mechanical room next to
the freezers, with the risers penetrating the freezer wall and we would
normally insulate these risers in the mechanical room to the point where they
penetrate the wall.

I was told this was not required, but can't find the code reference to prove my
point, can someone point me in the right direction

Thank You

James Crawford
Phaser Fire Protection Ltd.
Phone 604-888-0318
Cel: 604-790-0938
Email jcrawf...@phaserfire.ca<mailto:jcrawf...@phaserfire.ca>
Web: www.phaserfire.ca<http://www.phaserfire.ca>

This email originated from an external source and has been scanned by the
Symantec Email Security.cloud service.