What I have been taught and read, no sprinkler unrelated material can be
supported by the flexible sprinkler drop.  The drop may touch other
material as long as the other material does not place a load onto the
sprinkler drop.

Thanks,
John

John August Denhardt, PE
*Vice President, Engineering and Technical Services*

*American Fire Sprinkler Association*
m: p: 301-343-1457
214-349-5965 ext 121
w: firesprinkler.org
<https://www.facebook.com/firesprinkler.org/>
<https://twitter.com/afsa/status/1039528345367732224>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-fire-sprinkler-association-afsa-/>
   <https://www.instagram.com/firesprinklerorg/>

*Help AFSA “Sound the Alarm” about sprinklers!*

AFSA’s charitable partner the American Red Cross is educating millions
through its Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. Help us support the inclusion
of fire sprinklers in their messaging.  Donate today!
<https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/afsa-pub.html/>