The 2019 edition of 13 has been changed to (*the red bold highlighted text
has been deleted*):

9.3.14.3 - Where there is a noncombustible space above a noncombustible or
limited-combustible drop ceiling that is sprinklered because it is open to
an adjacent sprinklered space *on only one side *and where there is no
possibility for storage above the drop ceiling, the sprinkler system shall
be permitted to extend only as far into the space as 0.6 times the square
root of the design area of the sprinkler system in the adjacent space.

I will see if the section is open in the 2022 edition process and see if we
can add something to the annex.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
John

John August Denhardt, PE
*Vice President, Engineering and Technical Services*

*American Fire Sprinkler Association*
m: p: 301-343-1457
214-349-5965 ext 121
w: firesprinkler.org
<https://www.facebook.com/firesprinkler.org/>
<https://twitter.com/afsa/status/1039528345367732224>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-fire-sprinkler-association-afsa-/>
   <https://www.instagram.com/firesprinklerorg/>

*Help AFSA “Sound the Alarm” about sprinklers!*

AFSA’s charitable partner the American Red Cross is educating millions
through its Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. Help us support the inclusion
of fire sprinklers in their messaging.  Donate today!
<https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/afsa-pub.html/>