From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Ed Vining via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:35 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: Ed Vining <fpe...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Uprights in non combustible concealed space

Not really. The codes and standards determine the decision.

This may be my last post. At the age of 95 I am starting to lose interest.

Ed Vining
2770 Pleasant Hill Rd Apt 228
Pleasant Hill CA 95423
925-448-2159
fpe...@gmail.com<mailto:fpe...@gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:28 AM Cary Webber via Sprinklerforum
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org<mailto:sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>>
 wrote:
On the downside, if all areas above the ceilings are not protected, it may give
a false sense of security. On the upside, more sprinklers are better, and even
if not required they can act as detectors in the space. Bottom line is that the
AHJ has ultimate decision making authority.

Cary Webber CFPS Director, Technical Services
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.
1470 Smith Grove Road, Liberty, SC  29657
Tel: 864-843-5161

[https://www.reliablesprinkler.com/sites/default/files/image001.png]<http://www.reliablesprinkler.com/>