From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Prahl, Craig/GVL via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 2:14 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: Prahl, Craig/GVL <craig.pr...@jacobs.com>; travis.m...@mfpdesign.com
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] 23.4.4.2.5: What is the purpose and how does it apply?

If I had a loading dock attached to and ESFR system, I'd calc the ESFR since it
would be the most hydraulically demanding.  If a fire originated on the dock
and migrated inward to the building, involving a portion of the dock and the
ESFR system, you still should be fine from a water supply standpoint.  How many
times have we heard of the full involvement of a design area in an actual fire
situation?  Rarely.

Craig Prahl | Jacobs | Group Lead/SME - Fire Protection | 864.676.5252 |
craig.pr...@jacobs.com | www.jacobs.com
1041 East Butler Road   Greenville, South Carolina  29606