The question you’re asking is kind of like asking what to do once you become a
parent. The answer is that it depends.

You can steer from the front (design management) or the back (monitoring
installations) or you can split duty between them as you see fit.

You simply do your best to steer the ship in the right direction and progress
is continually the goal. You monitor for weak points and address them as they
come. If you don’t think that things are being done right, it is your
responsibility as the responsible managing employee to correct that.

Taylor Schumacher, ET