From: Kevin Hall <kh...@firesprinkler.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 1:20 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Concealed Spaces Not Requiring Sprinkler
Protection

I think it is still combustible within the concealed space as the top and
bottom chords are solid wood members. . . might still be able to omit
sprinklers if one of the scenarios in the installation chapter applies. Kevin
Hall, M. Eng. , P. E. ,
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
This message originated outside your organization.
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
I think it is still combustible within the concealed space as the top and
bottom chords are solid wood members... might still be able to omit sprinklers
if one of the scenarios in the installation chapter applies.

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4h8r7hdtsr6154/AFSA_L.png?raw=1]
Kevin Hall, M.Eng., P.E., ET, CWBSP, PMSFPE
Sr. Manager, Engineering and Technical Services
American Fire Sprinkler Association
p:
214-349-5971
w:
firesprinkler.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/firesprinkler.org/__;!!FaxH778!YqTOqSha7Zzm_QYgyTvKAPixQl5uUFEJ9RXD7x9uSUpb8qCKKT8DTxs7v8NKgFv60CcQp_VLF8Ela3vRkJY$>

Treat Your Apprentices Like VIPs!
AFSA’s Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) for Apprentices is training that comes
straight from our expert instructors. They lead the way to ensure your men and
women are trained, letting you focus on OJT. Click
here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.firesprinkler.org/sprinkler-apprentice-training/__;!!FaxH778!YqTOqSha7Zzm_QYgyTvKAPixQl5uUFEJ9RXD7x9uSUpb8qCKKT8DTxs7v8NKgFv60CcQp_VLF8EljXCnfso$>
 to learn more and enroll.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 1:15 PM Steve Leyton