From: Steve Leyton <st...@protectiondesign.com>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2024 5:25 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Phase Converter

Caution:  This email originated from outside of the organization.  DO NOT click
links or open attachments unless you recognize and trust the sender.
You’re right, the JP cannot be supplied from or downstream of the controller, I
didn’t mean to imply you can as that’s all spelled out in Article 695.3.  But
you can definitely supply it with the same dedicated circuit as the main pump
if you tap ahead of the controller.   The question on the table is whether a
separate circuit of a different current is appropriate or necessary since Brian
included a JP rated for the same current as the FP.   So the electrician’s
response that he “can’t” provide a conforming power supply that matches the JP
is gibberish, assuming there’s a 460/3 ph in the pump room.

Steve L.