Most "lifestyle" shoes are made mostly of plastic and rubber compounds.  We've
had eagle-eyed AHJ's in CA throwing the retail store plastic storage design
requirements at us for displays that go higher than 5'.

Steve L.

From: Brian Harris <bhar...@bvssystemsinc.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2024 10:23 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Storage of EVA shoes

Anyone have experience with "plastic" shoes made of EVA
(Ethylene-Vinyl-Acetate)? From what I've found on google, "suitable
extinguishing measure" include dry fog, dry chemical, foam, etc. This is a
warehouse that stores shoes in cardboard boxes on racks. A very small
percentage are flip-flops made of EVA. Looking for ideas on how best to protect
the space.

Thank you,

Brian Harris, CET
BVS Systems Inc.