Jitse,

thanks for your help. I tried a lot of different approaches like creating a
new attribute (.column2) and duplicating every command related to
edge_line, creating a new class EdgeLine2 among other things. It looks like
the setting of new edge lines overrides the previous one.

I stopped looking but may try it again some other time.

: )